December 29, 2011 by dairycarrie
My knee jerk reaction when I think about 2011? It can go to hell. 2011 was a rough year, full of loss and some pretty dark times. Honestly, when I look at the individual events of this last year, it qualifies as the worst year in my life.
But, I can’t help but think about all of the awesome that 2011 had packed in it. Now I am not exactly the “Polyanna” type. I don’t always see the glass as half full and sunshine and puppies isn’t what I see through my roses colored glasses. Still 2011 packed a punch and when I look back on this year it isn’t going to be all about the bad stuff.
Because of 2011….
1. My husband and I have a stronger relationship than we have ever had. This did not come easy.
2. I went to the AgChat Conference. I met a ton of inspirational people. I learned much. I started this blog.
3. I decided to put action to my Hay Drive idea. It grew so far beyond expectations that I still can’t believe it.
4. Because of the Hay Drive and my husband I now have a stronger faith in God. I believe that I can do what I need to no matter how hard, no matter how much it goes against my nature and it’s because of Him.
5. I feel fulfilled in my work life. While I am not yet at my goal of farming full time. I am very happy with the jobs I hold. They allow me to be me and succeed in my professional life.
Now if I focus on the crap of 2011 the bad list is longer than 5 things. But I am not going to. Instead I am going to say thank you to the people that helped me make it through this last year. I am going to hug my husband. I am going to keep on keeping on. I am going to live my life.
Welcome 2012, I’ve been looking forward to you.