Flowers in the Garden…. #Wordless Wednesday

April 25, 2012 by dairycarrie

I love gardening, even though I don’t have a lot of time to do it. When we purchased our farm it came with a huge perennial garden that had been severely neglected for many years. It’s been my mission over the last 5 years to bring it back to it’s former glory. Considering the stinging nettle, milkweed, grass, thistle, burdock and binder weed that had taken over it’s not been easy.  With Spring being so far ahead of schedule around here I really feel like I am running behind with weeding and planting and all things garden. But Instead of worrying about it, I think I’ll just do what I can when I can. These photos are a good reminder why I put the work in.

This is only half of the garden, as you can see it was very overgrown with flowers that needed to be divided and weeds that needed to be evicted.

One side of the garden after dividing and mulching last year.

A bearded Iris. Probably the best flower photo I’ve taken.

Chives are pretty and nice to have around for cooking.

A whiskey barrel planted with Ranunculus.

Dahlias are my favorite flower. These are the Dahlias I grew and had in my bouquet when I got married.

Tulips!

The best smelling flower ever, lilacs.

7 thoughts on “Flowers in the Garden…. #Wordless Wednesday

1. Little Sis says:

Isn’t Spring glorious?

2. The Queen says:

Gorgeous pics, Dairy Carrie!!! My lilacs are nearly gone, the irises are just beginning and peonies won’t bloom till May!! The fact that something is always blooming is grand!!!!! Great job!

Our lilacs are at the end as well, Iris isn’t there yet and I am hoping and praying that the peonies will bloom in time for the wedding I am supposed to have them for!

• The Queen says:

You’re having a wedding in your garden/!!!? I’ll be glad to share mine if you’re willing to come down to get them! 🙂 I’m working on a wedding cake today as a matter of fact. But not in a garden, unfortunately!

No not a wedding in my garden. I am doing the flowers for a friend’s wedding. We had planned on lilacs and tulips but mother nature isn’t cooperating. So now I am hoping for iris and peonies.

3. Steph says:

Flowers so pretty I can almost smell them!