An exceptional farm mom.

May 7, 2012 by dairycarrie

So a friend that I have never met in real life is a finalist in a really neat contest for the 2012 Farm Mom of the Year. While hubs and I have no kids and no plans in the foreseeable future to go down that road, I have an idea how difficult running a ranch and running a good sized family can be. But what really sold me on voting for Debbie is that she stays home each day and runs the farm while her husband works in town. Now that doesn’t mean that he works less than her but it does mean that she is unique. Most farms around here have either both spouses on the farm or the wife works in town.

While I hate doing it, I often have to call Hubs at work during the day when something breaks and I admit to calling him to ask what gear I should have the tractor in for whatever field work I am attempting to get done and we aren’t even farming full time. So my hat is off to you Debbie! Her kid’s hijacked her blog and posted a bunch of great reasons to vote for her, so check it out and take a moment to put your vote in for an exceptional farm mom.

Life On a Kansas Cattle Ranch: We Need Your Help this Mother’s Day!.

via Life On a Kansas Cattle Ranch: We Need Your Help this Mother’s Day!.

8 thoughts on “An exceptional farm mom.

1. Eddie Borst says:

What a great Family! I voted Carrie.

2. […] An Exceptional Farm Mom (DairyCarrie.com) Pin ItDigg Diggvar dd_offset_from_content = 40; var dd_top_offset_from_content = 0;Can you show this a little love & share? […]

3. Jennifer says:

I voted. Thanks for sharing.

4. DebbieLB says:

Wow, you are awesome, Carrie! My hubby works in various towns, the closest is 30 miles from the farm…but when things go wrong during the day, who do you think I call first?! HIM! He often listens then says, “What do you expect me to do from here?” I often just want to rant for a minute…then the problem can be fixed!

So we are very much alike, I just had a few more hangers-on for awhile. My kids are now adults, or nearly so, and life is soooooo good! Thanks so much for your support. It really means a lot to me!
    -Deb.

Of course Deb! I think your husband and mine probably have the same thoughts running through their heads when the phone says it’s their wives calling. My husband also travels for work and is often several hours away from my problem de jour.
      I am happy to support you and your awesome family. Thank you for all that you do for our industry and I hope we can meet in real life sometime soon!

5. Steph says:

Voted 🙂 Good Luck Debbie!

6. Gloria Moss says:

I need nieces and nephews to spoil! UGH! lol….. I know you want one!!!! Maybe not.. but I can hope!