So here’s the deal. I am posting a recipe that does not include dairy, but you have to promise me to have this with a big plate of nachos or something else covered in cheese.
I keep a pail of this slush in my freezer all summer. It’s a perfect and potent drink on a hot summer night. But I’m giving you fair warning, this isn’t a bridal shower slush that takes several servings to get a buzz. I don’t roll like that. In fact I am typing this after only one glass because after two I am no longer responsible for my words.
Margarita Slush Recipe or Homemade Beeraritas!
- 3 Frozen Limeade Concentrate Cans
- Orange Juice, the pulpy kind
- Lime Juice
- Tequila, not the cheap Pepe Lopez stuff.
- Triple Sec
- 7Up/Sun Drop or Beer
- In a plastic gallon ice cream pail… wait, did I say this didn’t have dairy in it? Guess I was wrong! … dump in the 3 Limeades.
- Then use the little can the Limeade came in and add:-2 cans of Tequila-3/4 can of Triple Sec-1 can of Pulpy Orange Juice-1/4 can of Lime Juice
- Mix all the ingredients together in the pail, and throw it in the freezer for at least 12 hours. The alcohol content of the slush keeps it from freezing solid. So don’t expect it to be totally solid after 12 hours.
- To serve the slush, scoop about 3/4 of a glass full of slush. Top with 7Up for a sweeter margarita or Sundrop for a more tart margarita.
- Happy slushing everybody!