So here’s the deal. I am posting a recipe that does not include dairy, but you have to promise me to have this with a big plate of nachos or something else covered in cheese.
I keep a pail of this slush in my freezer all summer. It’s a perfect and potent drink on a hot summer night. But I’m giving you fair warning, this isn’t a bridal shower slush that takes several servings to get a buzz. I don’t roll like that. In fact I am typing this after only one glass because after two I am no longer responsible for my words.
Margarita Slush Recipe or Homemade Beeraritas!
This refreshing drink with a little kick of alcohol is the perfect addition to your summer evenings.
- 3 Frozen Limeade Concentrate Cans
- Orange Juice, the pulpy kind
- Lime Juice
- Tequila, not the cheap Pepe Lopez stuff.
- Triple Sec
- 7Up/Sun Drop or Beer
- In a plastic gallon ice cream pail… wait, did I say this didn’t have dairy in it? Guess I was wrong! … dump in the 3 Limeades.
- Then use the little can the Limeade came in and add:-2 cans of Tequila-3/4 can of Triple Sec-1 can of Pulpy Orange Juice-1/4 can of Lime Juice
- Mix all the ingredients together in the pail, and throw it in the freezer for at least 12 hours. The alcohol content of the slush keeps it from freezing solid. So don’t expect it to be totally solid after 12 hours.
- To serve the slush, scoop about 3/4 of a glass full of slush. Top with 7Up for a sweeter margarita or Sundrop for a more tart margarita.
- Happy slushing everybody!
The other night I was out of soda to mix with my slush, but I still really wanted a Margarita Slush! So I jumped on the Beerarita or Beer-a-Rita or whatever you call it bandwagon, and I tried the slush mixed with beer. It was tasty! Homemade Beeraritas/Homemade Beer-a-ritas are tasty!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
You are my kind of chick! If you were in Illinois & we were going to the same farm bureau meetings & ag round tables, we’d be trouble together!
Sent from my iPad
Well I am only one state away!
Janice Person aka JPlovesCOTTON
This sounds good! Thanks for sharing and you know I eat my fair share of cheese!
It’s super simple and so nice to have on hand at the end of a long day.
Judi Graff (@farmnwife)
I needed this
Hi dairycarrie, does your margarita recipe call for the 12 oz. size cans of limeaid?
Another dairy – non dairy tip…. Try mixing all this in an ice cream freezer!