These Rumchata Pecan Truffles are the best friend of my Baileys Irish Cream Truffles. Alone or combined in a gift box, they make an excellent Christmas gift.
If you’re new here, you may not know that I am possibly the biggest fan of Rumchata ever. If you’ve been around a while, this isn’t a newsflash for you.
Not only is Rumchata delicious, it’s also a Wisconsin dairy product, as a Wisconsin Dairy farmer, this makes me extra happy!
What is Rumchata?
If you’ve never heard of Rumchata and you’re wondering what Rumchata is, you should go read this post. It will answer all of your Rumchata questions. One day soon, I’ll need to do a post about Rumchata’s sister drink, Tippy Cow, but that’s not what we’re here for today.
Now that we’re all caught up on what Rumchata is, let’s talk about these truffles. I could have made the same recipe as the Baileys Truffles, using Rumchata instead of Irish Cream but I wanted to mix it up a little and I didn’t want the dark chocolate to overpower the flavor of the Rumchata. I headed to Pinterest to find a different idea and came across this recipe, which seemed like a good place to start. From there I played around with what I was after and made my own spin and now I am sharing it with you.
Booze Balls! Rumchata Pecan Truffles Recipe.
- 11 oz Box Nilla Wafers
- ¾ cup Pecan Halves
- 3 cups White Chocolate Chips, Divided
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp Rumchata
- Festive Sprinkles
- Put the wafers and pecans into your food processor and crush them until they are ground fine. If you don’t have a food processor, you can crush them in a freezer bag with a rolling pin. Place mixture into a microwave safe mixing bowl.
- In your microwave, melt 1 cup of the white chocolate chips. Start with 1 minute, take them out and stir, if they need more time put them back in for 30 seconds, take them out and stir again. Repeat as needed to get the chips fully melted.
- Stir melted chocolate into the crumb mixture.
- Add Rumchata and mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove mixture from fridge and using your hands pack the mixture tightly and roll into 1″ balls. Place balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
Decorating the Truffles
- Place remaining 2 cups of white chocolate into a bowl and melt in microwave or double boiler.
- Spear your balls/shapes with a toothpick and dip in the melted white chocolate. Tapping off extra chocolate before placing back on parchment lined cookie sheet. Top with sprinkles as you go, before chocolate sets.
- Allow chocolate to set and place in gift boxes or on cookie trays.
Both of these treats will be on this year’s goody plates for our farm veterinarians, our cow breeder, our nutritionist and others who help make our job easier on the farm. They will be sharing share some space with the toffee I make every year.
Oh you Bad!
It this is wrong, I don’t want to be right!
I now have the perfect gift for my brother in-law— booze balls, he’ll love it:)
I made these today for my Mom. Turned out amazing! Thanks so much!
Yay! Glad you liked them!