I have been working on another exciting project behind the scenes that I’m excited to get to share with you today!
While I have seen lots of online science and agriculture focused learning resources geared towards younger kids, I wasn’t seeing much for middle school and high school students. So I came up with a plan and reached out to my network.
Starting tomorrow (4/23/20) I will be sharing Ag and STEM focused videos from a really diverse group of ag professionals every Tuesday and Thursday for the next several weeks. Each video will be geared toward middle or high school students and will be around 5-10 minutes long. Corresponding blog posts will have information about the presenter, links to further suggested reading or activities, and any related discussion questions. In addition to being shared here, they will also be on my YouTube channel.
The schedule is still coming together but I wanted to introduce this project and have this post serve as the main hub of the project. I will come back to this post and update the schedule below and add the links for each post as they are published.
Will you do me a favor and help me get the word out by sharing this post with your teacher friends as well as your parent friends with older students?
(And a special thank you goes out to #InternSarah for helping me coordinate this project!)
Ag and STEM Videos Schedule- (Subject to change)
- Nutrient Management with Glen Groth- 4/23/20
- Beef Calf Nutrition with Hyatt and Brandi Buzzard-Frobose- 4/28/20
- What is Social Science? with Dr. Cami Ryan- 4/30/20
- Why Does Ground Beef Change Color? with David Hayden- 5/5/20
- How Cattle Ranchers Use Genetics, Feeding Beef Cattle and bonus video Girls Ranch Too with Debbie Lyons Blythe- 5/7/20
- The Estrus Cycle in Cattle
- Understanding Plant Hybrids
- Alternative Energy
- Antimicrobial Resistance
- Technology on Dairy Farms
- More to be added
If you have a video suggestion, please leave a comment below!