This cheesy roasted cauliflower soup combines my favorite ways of eating cauliflower, roasted and covered in cheese! Growing up I was one of the rare kids who ate pretty much any vegetables. Now that I am a mom, I know how unique that is. When I think back to eating cauliflower as a kid, it was pretty much always steamed and covered in cheese. I’m not knocking that way of preparing veggies, especially the covering them in cheese part, but as an adult, I’ll pick the depth of flavor that comes with roasted veggies, hands down. Plus roasted cauliflower with a sprinkle of bellaviatno on top is amazing!
In winter I try to make a few different soup recipes a month. I usually freeze the extra and use them when life gets hectic for a quick, no effort meal. This Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe makes a ton so you can eat it all week and still freeze some for later!
I like to pair this cheesy roasted cauliflower soup with a side of buttery garlic bread or grilled naan. Sometimes I have it along side a salad. Sometimes I skip the side stuff and just eat another bowl of soup!
This soup is one of Benjer’s favorites and on occasion I can even get Mr Picky Pants Silas to eat it too, that’s a huge win! If you love cauliflower but your kids dont, try adding riced cauliflower to my Instant Pot Mac and Cheese. It is a great way to sneak some extra veggies in and you really can’t taste or even see it in the cheese sauce!
Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower, Corn and Bacon Soup.
- 1 Head cauliflower
- ½ lbs thick cut bacon
- 1 medium yellow onion- chopped small
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups -Divided frozen sweet corn
- 2.5 cups whole milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 TBS crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground rosemary
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat Oven to 450º
- Trim and chop cauliflower into bite sized florets. Put florets into a gallon zip lock bag, add olive oil, garlic and seasonings and toss until cauliflower is well coated. Pour the cauliflower onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spread out as much as possible. Place in oven and roast for 30-40 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and browned.
- While the cauliflower roasts, fry bacon in a tall pot. Remove bacon and drain on paper towel, add onions to the pan and saute until translucent.
- When cauliflower is done roasting allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Then add cauliflower, 2 cups sweet corn and chicken stock to your blender/food processor. If your blender or food processor bowl is too small, you will have to do this step in batches. Puree ingredients until smooth.
- Pour pureed mixture into your pot with the onions, turn burner to medium high. Add the remaining sweet corn and the whole milk and stir to combine. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Then add crumbled bacon and cheese, stirring continually until cheese is melted.
- Served topped with shredded cheddar and crumbled bacon.