Are humans the only animals that drinks milk from other species?

April 1, 2013 by Carrie Mess

Are humans the only animals that drinks the milk from another species?

Anti milk groups would like you to believe that’s the case but I have someone that disagrees…

Guess not… or Peach Fuzz is a tiny human in a great costume.

7 thoughts on “Are humans the only animals that drinks milk from other species?

1. BerneataK says:

Love it! Thank you for this. I grew up on a dairy and until I had my son I had no idea how much misinformation there is out there about milk. I was never able to exclusively breastfeed so I had to supplement with formula (which by the way people is made out of……. You guessed it! Cow’s milk. Anyway, I looked to find information about when he could start drinking the real stuff, In this country we are told babies can’t digest milk until they are a year old but in Great Britain the recommendation is they may have it beginning at six months so long as it isn’t their sole source of nutrition. I digress. There is a whole host of wrong information about pus in milk, how drinking milk is just wrong and how we were never intended to drink it. I applaud you for putting the truth out there.

2. Eddie Borst says:

Great Blog as usual Carrie! There are also many more stories about surrogate animals standing in to feed babies from other species, dog feeding kittens etc. Have a great day!

• annavalerious says:

Good point about the surrogates in the animal kingdom. I grew up on a small little farm. We had milk goats for years. There were times when we had more milk than we could deal with. Occasionally my dad told me to pour the milk into the chickens’ water dispenser. It was amazing to watch those chickens go for the milk. They were crazy for it. The only reason we don’t see more animals drinking milk from any particular other animal is because of their lack of opposable thumbs. Oh! There were also times when we would try to build up a mother goat after she gave birth. If you milk a goat and put the bucket in front of her she will drink it like she is starved. Grown horses and cows will drink milk. So it is ridiculous to assert that no other adult animal will drink milk. They would if they could!

3. Gloria Moss says:

The fact that people think milk is not for humans is just plain weird…. lol. I’ve never even heard of that! Crazy anti milk people! I drink it every single day! And I have to keep my cats out of it too!

4. Stephany says:

Love this!

5. Becky Hurley says:

you rock! I need to hang out with you! I’m just catching up on all of your AWESOME blogs. Seriously laughing so hard right now. Love it!

No spam, just an email when I post a new blog.