As promised, my Smoked Chipotle Spinach, Artichoke and Bacon Dip recipe! Updated on 1/3/2020 with better photos!
This easy recipe is how you take a classic party food up to the next level. Cheesy spinach and artichoke dip with a smokey kick from the addition of bacon and Chipotle Tabasco makes this dip irresistible.
So a few weeks ago our little town had their 175th anniversary celebration. Our town is home to Crystal Farms headquarters and they sponsored a cooking contest that was all about cheese!
This is the recipe I submitted and I was pretty excited when it won it’s category. Then it went on to win grand champion and I had a smile from ear to ear. At the end of the day I came home with two ribbons and a two year supply of free Crystal Farms cheese.
I paid it forward and donated most of my winnings to our local food pantry. But I kept the ribbons!
I like to use Roth Case Chipotle Gouda in this recipe, you can get some HERE. But its totally ok to use somked or regular gouda. I use Smoked Chipotle Tabasco a lot in my kitchen, it adds great flavor without adding a ton of heat. If you love chipotle flavor, check out my garlic chipotle rib recipe. You can order the Chipotle Tabasco through my affiliate link HERE.
This crowd pleasing recipe is what I make for Christmas gatherings and Super Bowl parties. I’ve spread it on naan bread and topped with chicken for a quick and delicious flat bread. I’ve also stuffed chicken breast with this dip for a decadent meal. It’s versatile and tasty!
Irresistible Smoked Chipotle Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Bacon!
- 1.5 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 tsp smoked chipotle Tabasco
- 1 Tbs crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 strips peppered bacon- fried
- Squeeze as much moisture out of spinach as possible and drain the artichokes. Roughly chop the spinach artichokes and bacon.
- Place cream cheese in a large microwave safe bowl, and microwave until very soft in 30 second intervals.
- Add sour cream, mayo, garlic, Worchestershire and tabasco to the cream cheese and stir until there are no lumps.
- Add spinach and artichokes to the bowl and stir to combine. Then add the shredded cheese and bacon and stir again until the cheese is incorporated.
- Heat in microwave or in a crock pot and serve with bread, crackers or vegetables.